It’s always an exciting time when one season ends and another begins. Summer is quickly coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean the self-care has to end there. Fall is finally over the horizon, and with that comes new weather, new decorations, and new beauty regimens. To make sure you take advantage of the beauty trends for the upcoming season, we wanted to make sure you were in the loop first when it comes to hidden toxic ingredients.
We are sure you have heard of the basics: Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates, etc. But do you really know what to look out for when searching for new products? To keep it short and simple, we have compiled a list of ingredients to steer clear of that you can resort back to:
- Mineral Oil (Clogs pores and eliminates the skin’s ability to eliminate toxins)
- Aluminum (A toxic metal that can harm the endocrine system)
- DEA, MEA, and TEA (Harmful liquids found in skincare, haircare, and hand soaps)
- Parabens (Used as a preservative that can cause hormone disruptions)
- PEG (Can reduce the skin’s natural moisture and barrier)
- Phthalates (Harmful fragrances)
- DMDM Hydantoin & UREA (Preservatives that release formaldehyde)
- Propylene Glycol (Penetrates the skin and causes weak moisture and cellular structure)
- Siloxanes (Disrupts the endocrine system and causes infertility, also harmful to the environment)
- Synthetic Fragrances (Made up of hundreds or thousands of ingredients that are never listed on labels which is concerning)
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (Used to lather and foam)
- Triclosan (Disrupts Thyroid function and can cause Cancer)
Not only is this list considered the “Dirty Dozen” but is hiding in your everyday products in plain sight. Your skin absorbs 60% of what you apply on it, and is absorbed into the bloodstream within 26 seconds of application. Being aware of the ingredients your body is exposed to is incredibly important and vital to your health.
Here are some of our favorite beauty products to help you kick off the new season:
Axiology Lip Balmies- Planet-friendly, wear-anywhere balmies packed with oils and antioxidants to help you up your fall look.
Honeybee Gardens Blush- High-pigmented, long-wearing blush that keeps your skin clear and evens out skin tone/texture.
Honeybee Gardens Natural Mascara- Lash-defining mascara that is natural, weightless, and provides all day color.
Round Barn Apothecary Quench Polishing Mask- Perfect for any skin concern including acne, dry skin, blemishes, and signs of aging.
LOLI Beauty Tea Seed Elixir- A skin-balancing elixir that moisturizes and provides a dewy, blemish-free complexion.
The Sunday Standard Rose Quartz Gua Sha- Made from natural rose quartz and used for a gentle self-care ritual.Raeka Golden Froth Turmeric Foaming Cleanser- A turmeric foam that gently cleanses to revive the skin’s natural glow.